5 useful facts about EP validations in former Yugoslavian countries + Albania
Saturday, April 20, 2019
SERBIA ALBANIA BOSNIA CROATIA MACEDONIA MONTENEGRO SLOVENIA
Although the EP validations are uniformly regulated by the European patent Convention, here are a few curiosities you may find interesting.
- In Republic of Serbia, it is required to submit the translation of the whole patent, unlike in all other territories where only patent claims are translated
- In Croatia, it is necessary to file an unofficial English translation of the patent description, if the EP itself is in another language
- Luckily, the same translation can be used if the EP is validated in Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro, cutting down on costs
- Macedonia and Albania have longer grace periods for annuity payments – 9 and 8 months, respectively, doubling the official fees in the process.
- Our translation rates are highly competitive – additionally however, for more substantial translations, we are able to offer even more reduced rates!